Breguet is more than a famous watch brand in Dubai. While local people love expensive goods, they also love quality. What else could better represent quality than this great brand of Breguet Watches?
Breguet is the brand name for luxury watches manufactured by the Swatch Group in Switzerland. The first Breguet timepiece was manufactured by Abraham Louis Breguet in 1775 and since then these watches are considered as part of status symbol my many men. Apart, from introducing this luxurious watch, Abraham has also been the pioneer for developing various watch-making technologies. The long and rich history of these watches makes them more desirable and unique from other brand wrist watches. Breguet watches are unique from other watches because of their coin-edge cases, unique engraving technique guilloche and blue pomme hands.
This luxurious brand of Swiss watches has not just taken over the Europe, but is also the preferred watch brand in other parts of the world especially in Dubai. After, introducing free trade policy Dubai became the centre for the retails of many well-known brands and the Breguet watches is one of them. Today, Dubai has many outlets and boutiques of Breguet watches at different locations, which attract tourist and local people.
Several famous personalities such as Marie Antoinette and Louis the XVI King and Queen of France and Napoleon have bought and worn the Breguet watches. Breguet watches are also mentioned in several, mainly French books as high quality luxury watches as they are. Today the collection of the Breuget watches have two main lines, the timepieces for men and women.
Main collections for Breguet watches for women are Classique, Marine. Héritage and Type XX models. They are the same for women only more decorated with a classy feminine look. The jewellery Breguet watches are in the collection Reine de Naples.
Breguet watches are offered in wide range of variety both for men and women. Some of the most well known variety of these luxurious watches in Dubai are
• Classique: The Breguet classique watches are liked by the people who prefer precision, elegance and clarity in their wrist watches. These watches include features like automatic winding, tourbillion, calendar and chronograph. These watches capture the true essence and tradition of Breguet watches. Some of the classique variety of these watches even has the precious material that was used in the 17th century.
• Tradition: The traditional range of Breguet is inspired by the Souscription watches made by the Abraham Louis. These watches are the blend of Breguet past and future vision of watches. The traditional range is mostly preferred by the people, who like to remain intact with the past, but still want to do so with style. Even now some parts of these watches are assembled through the hands of experienced craftsman. Beautiful contemporary looking timepieces yet with all the modern feature necessary in a watch today. The Souscription models of Monsieur Breguet inspired these watches.
• Marine: The marine series of it’s watches were introduced to offer Breguet designs along with practicality, comfort and style. These watches are designed on techniques and foundations lay by Abraham Louis. These watches have reinforced case and crown that makes them practical for usage even under water. As Breguet was also making chronometers for the French Navy, these watches carry the navy traditions of Breguet. They are highly water resistant and include a chronometer and several useful features for those who would use them for yachting or so.
• Heritage: The heritage series is unique from all other watches because of the shape of its unique case shape. These watches are designed Tonneau shaped cases, which is slight round and rectangular in appearance. Moreover, the material used for the making of these watches is of high quality. Some watches of this series are also available in 18k gold, which makes them more elegant and classy choice for men or sheikhs of Dubai.
• Type XX: This series of luxurious Swiss watches were introduced in 1950’s for the French navy. These watches are extremely accurate and have the aero naval design that makes them perfect choice for navy personals. These watches are now also manufactured for civilians and have self-winding movements in them. These are the professional watches of Breguet first started in 1950 when they were specifically designed for the armed forces of the French Navy. They have an extra strong construction and water resistance, chronometer and other useful features in the water.
Interestingly, Breguet was found not in Switzerland but in France, Paris in 1775. Later, it moved to Switzerland to the Vallé de Joux. Breguet watches contain several contemporary pioneering technologies in watch making. For example, the Tourbillon a special case invented by Abraham Louis Breguet Tourbillon is such miniature equipment in horology, which helps to avoid the mechanics of the watch from the effects of gravity with the help of a mounting case that holds the whole machinery of the watch. The Breguet Company today deals not only with the Breguet watches but also creates jewellery, writing instruments and exclusive cufflinks as well. The Breguet watches have several distinguishing features like the guilloche dials, which means a special engraved logo and the blue pomme hands referred to as Breuget hands.
The Marie Antoinette watch : The watch dedicated solely for Marie Antoinette was stolen in 1983 from Jerusalem but current owner Mr. Hayek decided to make its perfect reproduction in both machinery and materials used and in its looks. This watch can be seen in Basel today. Ever since, the original watch seems to be found as well but its whereabouts are still unknown.
Breguet is among the oldest surviving brands of Swiss watches. Today owned by the huge Swatch Group, the company is still flourishing and the Breguet watches are among the most expensive timepieces in the world. In Dubai, you will find many stores where you can see these alone-standing luxury watches with its biggest brand store being in the Dubai Mall.
In Dubai, you can find the largest Breguet brand store in the huge Dubai Mall. The second store holding only Breguet goods is in the Mall of the Emirates. Seddiqi and Sons jewellery and watch retailers also sell Breguet. In Dubai, Breguet watches are also sold by the Rivoli watch retailing chain, in Rivoli Prestige stores in the BurJuman Centre, in the Burj al Arab and the Al Qasr Hotel within the Dubai Madinat Jumeirah.