Ramee Hotel Apartments is located in the Indian district of Bur Dubai, called Rolla Street, full of Indian places. The street houses many hotels, just as the area, this is a very-very cheap centrally located hotel.
The 126 apartments of the Ramee Hotel Apartments are airy, furniture well but the whole complex is old and used, so be prepared for it. The kitchenette is equipped with the basics. The apartments have balconies overlooking the busy streets of Bur Dubai. Next to the Ramee Hotel Apartments is a mosque, so be prepared for the Muezzin calling for prayer five times a day, the earliest starting around 5-6 o’clock. The area is full of shops though and restaurants. The Meena Bazaar, the Al Khaleej Shopping Centre is just around the corner. There are several supermarkets like the Spinney’s in the area. The huge BurJuman Shopping Centre is also not too far from the hotel, neither is the Dubai Creek from which if you take a water taxi, you can get to many places. Nearby attractions are:
– The Dubai Museum with a large collection of remains from the past of Dubai
– The Maktoum House, which is the ancient house where the Royal Family live. it’s really large, today serves as a family museum
– The Dubai Heritage and Diving Village, an authentic place preserving the old lifestyle of Dubai
– The Al Bastakiya streets: They are beautiful old style streets, which by wonder escaped from the renovation works.
– Restaurants: there are all sorts of restaurants here: Chinese, Thai and a lot of Indian places
– Nightclubs: Bur Dubai is a real entertainment district. If you like hanging out in the evening, it is the right place for you.
– Dubai Business District: the bordering Business district of Dubai is also nearby, with the huge World Trade Centre, Exhibition Centre
– The Dubai International Airport is close
Within the hotel, there is an Indian restaurant, serving mostly Indian dishes. If you are not an avid fan of Indian dishes neither their smell which you will be expected to feel all day, then it is not the right hotel for you. There is a coffee shop, which is always open. A swimming pool and a sauna makes the place complete, these are both fine. Within the hotel, there is a Pizza House owned by the Indian Ramee Hotels. They offer cheap pizzas of all types.
The Ramee Hotel Apartments is apparently for men and for Indians. The staffs in the Ramee Hotel Apartments do not care much about tourists, unless you speak Indian. Therefore, it is not too good for families or for lonely women travellers. As most people staying at the hotel are also Indian, you might feel out of place. Rate is AED 150, which is a very good price, without breakfast. The hotel demands you to pay in advance at least on every second day.